Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Done With This - It's Over!

Dear Life (you know who you are),
   You have broken me. Yep, I'm done. I'm putting an end to it. The grave has been dug.
   I am everybody's punch-line - because of you! I have to listen to them, and look them in the eye everyday. Is this my fault? No. It's you. My reputation is shot. No one understands that I'm not the problem. You are. It's like my name is a synonym for gullible.
   I am physically ill because of you! Yep, you and the stress you've brought me have made me just a shadow of what I used to be.
   People that I respect (and who used to respect me), are now turning their backs and talking about me. Thanks. Once again, you do the deed and I take the fall. Has no one else made a mistake??
   So, we're through. No more. Our days are over. Our plans are wasted. Our dreams are jokes.
   Some people in my situation might say, "Oh, you just need to ride it out. Work the kinks out. The cloud has a silver lining."  Baloney, I say. I glad this is over. It's dead and buried. Which is right where it belongs.
   There is no hope.
   No light.
   I think I've been buried with it.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment